Better user web traffic reporting?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Better user web traffic reporting?

L4 Transporter

Reaching out to the community to see if anyone has a solution for obtaining nice pretty VP readable reports for user web browsing traffic history that works well with the PAN firewalls? The URL report on the firewalls is overwhelming and requires a lot of massaging to get something they can read and understand. We really only need something that logs and reports web traffic history on specified users, we used to use WwbSense a few years ago but my concern is introducing another expensive product that comes with more bells and whistles that we do not need. 

Anyone else using something that does not interfere with the URL filtering and SSL inspection on the PAN but gives an easy report/dashboard type of interface VP or C levels can use without hand holding?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This points to a custom report. However it really depends on the content you want in the reports. It can also be scheduled so that its automatically emailed out on a daily or monthly basis.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@hshawn,

Would something like the built-in User Activity Report work for your needs or is this too much information? Something like this I would really recommend that you actually offload the logs to a SIEM and then take the time to build the report to your exact needs instead of purchasing another product; it might take you more time, but in the long run the ROI is pretty good. 

That is what we usually use, but when someone says "Can you give me the last month of this user's browsing history?" they see the results and you can see them writhing around in pain because they have to think about what they are looking at 🙂 It is enough for me and the rest of the team but I guess it does not have enough bar graphs and charts for them... I don't even want to tell them they can search through the CSV

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!