BFD Dropping During Firewall Failover

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BFD Dropping During Firewall Failover

L1 Bithead

Having an issue with BFD. I have BFD configured between the Palo Alto and a couple of routers (BFD Single Hop). When a firewall failover occurs, this causes the BFD peering to drop and come back. I would not anticipate this to happen. This causes a unicast path between multihop BFD peers to drop in turn causing multihop BGP peerings to drop as well. 

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

I saw that document as well, and I agree. I was hoping to find something from Palo about what is synced and what is not, but I haven't been able to find anything. 

Here is a document about what is synced and what not in active/active and active/passive clusters:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Tech-Note-Articles/High-Availability-Synchronization/ta-p/61190

Nice find...however, this is contradictive to the above thread...My firewalls are active/passive. This shows that in active/passive pairs the only thing that isn't synced are ICMP sessions. Doesn't say host sessions aren't synced in A/P pair.

Yes I see, probably a little outdated ...

However, your post helped me find this. 

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/pan/en_US/assets/pdf/framemaker/70/pan-os/pan-os/sectio...

Which DOES say host information is not synced. Thank you!

• 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!