Bit Torrent deny rule

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bit Torrent deny rule

Not applicable

Hello

i want to block all bit torrent traffic between all zones on my PA devices. I have Panorama in place and wondering what is the best way to prevent bit torrent traffic?

What settings should i use for application (bittorrent and/or bittorrent-sync) and for service (any or application-default)?

Can i setup source, destination and zones to be any or do i have o be more specific and put in individual zones? Again need to block it from any to any zones, no exceptions/

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

We block both applications (bittorrent and/or bittorrent-sync) and the service as any. Also we do it based on specific source and destination zones. But you should be able to setup up a rule based on zones set to any.

OK thanks for your help.

L2 Linker

Please refer to this document to understand in detail how PAN will detect Bittorrent traffic

How does detection of Bittorrent work on the PAN

L4 Transporter

You shouldn't have to be specific.  You should be able to do Any/Any and I would suggest using Any service if a hard stance is being taken.  That way it can't just be used on another port.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!