Block Video Playback on all internet Sites

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block Video Playback on all internet Sites

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I would like to know if I can block video playback on the internet, if I don't have URL filter License.

is that possible?

Regards,

Maher

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hello Maher,

If you are not having a valid URL filtering license, you can't categorize traffic based on your configured profile. You can set action as Allow or Block for the entire traffic passing through the PAN firewall.

URL-filtering.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

Hello homicidedart

We can create a Application filter or Application group based on the needs as below as it displays that we are selecting category media and subcategory for video and selecting all the technology types. This will encompass all the apps which belongs to videos.

video.PNG.png

Also if there is a need to make a custom app based on regular traffic seen in the network we can create so and add to the application list.

Thanks

Hello Hulk,

thanks for your reply, but that isn't possible to configured, as it'll block all the traffic.

Regards,

Maher

Hello Phoenix,

thanks for your support, but I tried that with no result. (all videos keep working).

Appreciated.

Maher

In that case my suggestion is pls track the applications how they show up when video traffic is passing through the network summary the apps and we can make an app group for the same and filter them in security rules to block.

You can keep the policy "open" for a few days for observation and identify the video application to be blocked.

L4 Transporter

You might also need SSL decryption as many video websites are presented over https

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!