bright cloud updates 3.16

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

bright cloud updates 3.16

L1 Bithead

Recently i have requested to make changes in one URL from  brightcloud because of the wrong  catergories and they said they have made changes in 3.61 version.

i have downloaded the lastest updates 361 for URL in paloalto , still when i open the site it is coming in the wrong catergoies .

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi Jerry,

You can verify that BrightCloud has updated the URL in question by checking:

brightcloud.com/support/lookup.php

While BrightCloud may have updated their database, if your device previously saw traffic to this URL, it would have stored the information in the on-device cache.  Since the cache gets checked first, you will need to either wait for the URL entry to timeout (at which time it will check the BrightCloud server for an updated category), or you can clear your cache to force a lookup to the on-device database.  Keep in mind that if you clear your cache, you will lose all other entries in the cache.

Hope this helps,

Doris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Jerry,

From the CLI command can you please try the "test url <web-address>" and see what categorization it returns. If it still returns the old incorrect category, I would suggest to wait for the next url data base release and check.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hi Jerry,

You can verify that BrightCloud has updated the URL in question by checking:

brightcloud.com/support/lookup.php

While BrightCloud may have updated their database, if your device previously saw traffic to this URL, it would have stored the information in the on-device cache.  Since the cache gets checked first, you will need to either wait for the URL entry to timeout (at which time it will check the BrightCloud server for an updated category), or you can clear your cache to force a lookup to the on-device database.  Keep in mind that if you clear your cache, you will lose all other entries in the cache.

Hope this helps,

Doris

i haved already from  command line test url . it is shows the rite category ,  but while  brwosing it is still showing old  category

what is the URL shown in the URL filtering logs?

-Benjamin

hi dyang ,

how can i  delete the cache in  the device , or how long it to rebuilt the cache entry.

thanks

jerry

hi benjamin ,

how can i check  the URL  filtering logs .

thanks

jerry

if i recall correctly: 'clear url-cache'

the cache will be rebuilt on the fly very quickly from the management plane to the dataplane

to check the URL filtering logs go to the web UI -> monitor tab -> URL Filtering

after clearing the cache it isknow working , thanks

jerry

Hi Jerry,

You can clear the cache by using the CLI command "clear url-cache".  Again, please keep in mind that this does clear your entire cache, not just a single entry.  On the other hand, cache entries by default expire in 7 days, though that can be configured to a value of your setting.  For PAN-OS 3.1 devices, I believe this setting can be found on the Device-->Setup tab, under Dynamic URL Cache Timeout.

If, after clearing the cache and/or waiting for the timeout to expire you are still experiencing problems, I would suggest that you upgrade to 3.1.9, as there were some bugs that addressed caching issues.

Hope this helps,

Doris

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!