Announcements
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Broken email notifications formatting in version 11.0.1

L3 Networker

Hi all

I noticed that email notifications in ver 11.0.1 are kind of broken from the formatting point if view they just look like a blob of text, instead of a decent formatted email in ver 10.2.4 

is there a way to fix it?

Thank you

broken_email_notifications.png

26 REPLIES 26

Hi JeffryN

Thanks for the info on the targeted fixed releases. Yeah must customers we service are on 10.2.x or going to upgrade to 10.2.x
we had some Customers with PA-14xx that hit some hard..... really hard bugs with 11.0.x
We are waiting for some other guinea pigs  to be sent to the slaughter house before we upgrade to the 11 release.

Cheers
Alex

There's no home like 127.0.0.1

The Log-Parser of the PAN changes < and > to &gt; and &lt; before transferring it to the mailservice

looks like a dumb programmer 😉

L1 Bithead

Sadly, it looks like for 10.2.x branch users, this will not be fixed until 10.2.8, which, at the current rate of update cycles, is sometime in 2025... Not happy with that response from support, but that's where we're at.

Well that is more then frustrating.

Do you have a BugID for that?  Seems like Palo Alto is digging deep into Bugaggedon territory here.

L3 Networker

Do we know when this will be fixed in the 11.x Release?

Cheers

Alex

PAN support told me (on 08/31/23 for relative time reference): "This known issue is planned to be fixed in the versions 10.1.11 or 11.0.3 that are currently planned for this coming month, for those, this issue will be included in the fixes list."

L1 Bithead

I went from 10.2.4 to 10.2.6 and now I have the issue. So it exists in 10.2.5 and 10.2.6. 

Bump to get this fixed!

PCSNC #0182

L4 Transporter

On 10/17/23 I was told that 10.2.7 would have a fix for this. Originally I was told 10.2.8. 

The ETA I'm told is week of October 23rd.

But as has been discussed, this is a major pain in the neck as it appears to be in PAN-OS and Panorama both. How this got through QA is beyond me.

L3 Networker

PAN-OS 11.1.0 just got released. PAN-221126

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/11-1/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-11-1-0-known-and-addressed...
But it is not fixed in this release, what a shame.

Hi AlexNC, I had my high hops for that release as the TAC advised that it should be fixed in 11.0.3 which seems like became 11.1

L3 Networker

PAN-OS 11.0.3 got released and the Bug is on the "fixed" list.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/11-0/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-11-0-3-known-and-addressed...
I've updated a Panorama already and waiting for the first e-mail to make it's way to my inbox.
Yeah got my Panorama E-Mails in and all is fine again.

Palo also released 10.2.7 and the Bug made it to the fixed list.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-10-2-7-known-and-addressed...

Cheers
Alex

L3 Networker

yes, emails now looks fine gain, only took them 1 year to fix, but thanks anyway

• 26 replies
  • 3 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!