cache poisoning issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

cache poisoning issue

L0 Member

we are planning to deploy more Palo alto devices throughout our enterprise and were thinking of removing our existing Cisco ASA's. Our Cisco rep got word of this and met with us on why we should still keep the ASA's and go with their new products. He mentioned that the Palo Alto device is susceptible to the use of cache poisoning to bypass its security. I've been looking all around the web trying to see if the issue no longer affects the updated version. Unfortunately everything about the issue is over a year old. Any good news I can give my boss about the vulnerability?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

jdfernandez444 Glad to know that we could help. Please do mark the posts helpful/correct if it helped you Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi jdfernandez444

Did you take a look at this blog post (though it is 2 years old):

App-ID Cache Pollution: Merry Christmas From Check Point - Palo Alto Networks BlogPalo Alto Networks...

As mentioned above app cache is no longer used for security policies by default after 5.0.2 and 4.1.11.

L4 Transporter

Hi

I'm a fan of PA but You should read this too https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/thread/11580

Regards

Slawek

awesome...thanks everyone for your responses. It seems that on the web, everyone posts bad things but when there are fixes, no one posts those.

jdfernandez444 Glad to know that we could help. Please do mark the posts helpful/correct if it helped you Smiley Happy

L4 Transporter

Agreed with everything mentioned above!

Don't let them talk you out of this solely because of this reason... this 'issue' has been fixed a while back and it not a concern moving forward.

Please look into all the features that the Palo Alto firewall provides!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!