Can I use DNS Proxy to Host External DNS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can I use DNS Proxy to Host External DNS?

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm going through my first ever configuration of a PAN-500, coming from the McAfee Secure Firewall (Sidewinder). Our current firewall authoritatively hosts our external DNS records pointing to our MX records, etc, and I wanted to know if it's possible for the DNS Proxy module on the PAN-500 to do the same thing.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

According to the manual you can setup static-entries in the dns proxy. However I dont know if these entries can work on their own without a real dns server on the other end.

I mean if the client can query the PA ip (or ip on the other side of the PA) to get a reply from the PA itself without any real dns server (resolver or authoritive) on the other end.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!