Can not check Forward Trust Certificate

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can not check Forward Trust Certificate

L3 Networker

Hi All,

My device is PANOS 6.0.5;

I have a problem with Certificate configuration.

On my device, I generate a Certificate follow How to Generate a CSR(Certificate Signing Request) and Import the Signed Certificate;

After, my 3rd party CA issue complete, I import the issued certificate (crt file) successfully and status is "valid"

I can check "Certificate for Secure Web GUI" but I can not check "Forward Trust Certificate" option.

I really don't know where is my problem, please help

Thanks,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hello,

Are you looking to use the certificate for SSL decryption? is the CA checkbox checked or unchecked (if unchecked, you wouldn't be able to check Forward Trust Certificate option) Usually the certificates signed by third party public CAs are not CA certificates. If the certificate is to be used for SSL decryption, then you can either use a self-signed certificate generated on the PA firewall or a subordinate CA. Please refer PAN SSL Certificates

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Hello,

Are you looking to use the certificate for SSL decryption? is the CA checkbox checked or unchecked (if unchecked, you wouldn't be able to check Forward Trust Certificate option) Usually the certificates signed by third party public CAs are not CA certificates. If the certificate is to be used for SSL decryption, then you can either use a self-signed certificate generated on the PA firewall or a subordinate CA. Please refer PAN SSL Certificates

Thank you

L3 Networker

Yeah, I want to use SSL decryption, how can I get subordinate CA ?

Hello,

Please refer below links to create subordinate from Microsoft certificate server.

Creating Subordinate CA Certificates with Microsoft Certificate Server

How to Implement Certificates Issued from Microsoft Certificate Services

Regards,

Jahnavi.

Hi Jahnavi,

On my device, I generate my certificate with Extenal Authority CSR, after 3 parthy issue the certificate.

I edit an CRT file:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

Root CA

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Intermediate

issued certificate

I import in to PAN successfully, I can check "Forward Trust Certificate", when I run "commit", the PAN inform "Unmatch certificate and key".

Have you experience for this problem, please share for me.

Thanks in advance,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!