Can PA2050 report when a bigger box is needed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can PA2050 report when a bigger box is needed?

L1 Bithead

I'm trying to find out if it's time to move to a bigger box. Is there some indicator that tells me the PA is becoming a bottleneck?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

"show system resources" or "show system statistics" should bring you some figures I suppose.

There are others aswell depending on which PANOS your run

Also repetitive tests on your own should tell you how the system operates. Like if you do ping, traceroute and also access services behind the PAN and compare it to how it worked the week before and such (so you have a baseline to compare against).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

"show system resources" or "show system statistics" should bring you some figures I suppose.

There are others aswell depending on which PANOS your run

Also repetitive tests on your own should tell you how the system operates. Like if you do ping, traceroute and also access services behind the PAN and compare it to how it worked the week before and such (so you have a baseline to compare against).

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!