Can Panorama M-200 support PA-5410

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Can Panorama M-200 support PA-5410

L2 Linker

I'm upgrading to PA-5410 and I can't find the documentation showing if the M-200 supports this device. Is there a link that shows what PA devices are managed by each Panorama device? I've looked everywhere online and can't find anything.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MikeSchrader,

You won't find one. The device doesn't matter to Panorama at all, what matters is the PAN-OS version on the managed devices. As long as the major version of Panorama matches or is higher than the PAN-OS version you are looking to support, everything will function without issue.

The only exception to this is if you have EoL PAN-OS versions, and even those will work they just aren't officially supported and you might run into certain issues. Again though, the device itself doesn't matter at all.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MikeSchrader,

You can manage any device as long as Panorama is running the same major version, or higher, than the device in question. So worst case scenario if you haven't been keeping up-to-date on the latest major version of PAN-OS on the M-200 you'll need to upgrade it, but it'll manage a PA-5410 without issue. 

BPry,

Thanks for the response. I good with the PAN-OS version but was looking for a link showing the specific PA devices supported by each Panorama series. I agree that the 5410 "should" be supported with no issues but looking for the doc proof. I can't find anything stating this information.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MikeSchrader,

You won't find one. The device doesn't matter to Panorama at all, what matters is the PAN-OS version on the managed devices. As long as the major version of Panorama matches or is higher than the PAN-OS version you are looking to support, everything will function without issue.

The only exception to this is if you have EoL PAN-OS versions, and even those will work they just aren't officially supported and you might run into certain issues. Again though, the device itself doesn't matter at all.  

Thanks for the response. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!