Can't update a PA-200 manually

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't update a PA-200 manually

L1 Bithead

Hello

i have an PA-200 running with PanOS 8.0.3 that got no support. Before i could do an update of PanOS manually without Support License. Now i wanted to do an manual update to 8.0.6 but it didn't work. I only get a message that the device got no support.

When i upload the new Software Version, i can't see it on the device (Gui or CLI). I can see that there is no button "Install from file" anymore from beginning.

I was trying to upload with TFTP. I could see that the bites are running up but no chance to see it on the PA-200.

CanÄt install it via CLI.

I am out of Ideas.

Can anybody help?

Best Regards

Sascha

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@s.debus,

Honestly it was always sort of a 'hack' that installing files manually even worked on non-supported devices. It sounds like PA simply modified this to the expected behavior on a non-supported device.

I understand that the appeal of keeping one or two devices under support and simply using the same files across your entire environment; however doing so is a clear violation of the support agreement that you have with Palo Alto. I'd recommend simply purchasing support for this device. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@s.debus,

Honestly it was always sort of a 'hack' that installing files manually even worked on non-supported devices. It sounds like PA simply modified this to the expected behavior on a non-supported device.

I understand that the appeal of keeping one or two devices under support and simply using the same files across your entire environment; however doing so is a clear violation of the support agreement that you have with Palo Alto. I'd recommend simply purchasing support for this device. 

Hello

ok i think i had a misunderstanding about this article: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Is-it-possible-to-upgrade-PAN-OS-without-a-...

Thank you.

BR

Sascha

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!