Can you limit the bandwidth per source IP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can you limit the bandwidth per source IP?

L1 Bithead

Hi there,

is there a way to limit the bandwidth per source IP?

As far as I know the QoS policies limit the bandwidth per interface not per source IP. Is this correct?

Regards,

Sylvia

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Sylvia,

We cannot automatically control each source IP bandwidth allocation, but you can define how much bandwidth you want to allocate to by the assigning the source IP into a bandwidth class in the QoS policy.

Regards,

Jones

Excuse me, John

what do you mean saying "we cannot control bandwidth allocation per SrcIP"?

As far as I know (and configured) you can set a guarateed and maximum limit per class and assign this to a single QoS Policy where you can put your SrcIP, User or even application.

Maybe I didn't understand well your answer... 🙂

Thanks

Hi,

I mean we cannot automatically assign bandwidth per src IP "automatically". Some QoS product can allocate bandwidth fairly to each source IP automatically as kind of subscriber management, which PA does not support.

Yes you are right that we can allocate it explicitly in the policy and that is what I mean 🙂

Regards,

Jones

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!