Cannot check for new Dynamic Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot check for new Dynamic Updates

L1 Bithead

Hello, I have a PA-200, version 7.0.10 (I know, too old) I'm planning an upgrade to 8.1, but I understand that I have to download Dynamic Updates before upgrade, am I right? The issue is that I can't Check for Dynamic Updates, I've tried with Check Now, but nothing happened, neither with command request content upgrade check:

Version Size Released on Downloaded Installed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
564-3168 0KB Unknown no current

I have Internet connection:

PING updates.gcp.gslb.paloaltonetworks.com (34.96.84.34) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 34.84.96.34.bc.googleusercontent.com (34.96.84.34): icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=21.8 ms
64 bytes from 34.84.96.34.bc.googleusercontent.com (34.96.84.34): icmp_seq=2 ttl=56 time=21.7 ms

Actually I can Check for new firmware, but cannot download it.

For Dynamic Updates, it seems that it doesn't even try to check updates.

I have another PA-200, same version and I don't have any issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@emendezo,

Is this device actually licensed? 

Hello,

Not only licensed but have you downloaded the licenses onto the device?

Regards,

Yes, it's licensed

Yes, I can see the Premium license on this device

@emendezo,

So to be clear, you see the URL Filtering, Threat Prevention, and WildFire subscriptions on this device? The way you have this phrased sounds like you verified that you have the 'Premium' subscription which would just be premium support and doesn't grant you access to anything outside of PAN-OS upgrades when it comes to software. 

Can you please put the info on the show system info?

Also verify that under device, setup and services verify server identity is checked or not?

Can you successfully do any other  updates like antivirus updates?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!