Captive portal 403 forbidden

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive portal 403 forbidden

L2 Linker

Hello,

I've configured a new Captive portal but when i'm trying to reach it I receive 403 forbidden.

The CP is enabled on the inside interface where the traffic is coming in.

The zone have the user id enabled.

The interface have the Management profile with User-id and Response page on.

I've created a Auth Rule with Default-web-form but when I test it via Web-browser the hit-count still at 0. The policy test works and increase the hit-counter.

Note. I've already configured a Captive portal on another Cluster and it works. The configuration seems the same.

Update: I've tryied on my test server to reach the primary Captive portal that is in production for 5 years but i received the same response "403 forbidden".... Browser problem? Could be the Certificate? (the test server don't have the Customer CA)

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Hi @Charlie80,

Here are a few things you can do to solve the problem:

• Check the setup of the Captive Portal: Check that the Captive Portal configuration, including the authentication rules and response page, is valid and complete. Check that the Captive Portal is enabled on the correct interface and that the zone/user ID is configured properly.
  • Examine the Management profile settings: Check that the Management profile has the User ID and response page options enabled. Ascertain that the policy test functions as expected.
  • Check the certificate: Check that the Captive Portal's certificate is genuine and trusted by the web browser. If the test server lacks the customer CA, it may not trust the certificate, resulting in the "403 Forbidden" message.
  • Examine the web browser: Try using a different web browser to access the Captive Portal, or delete the cache and cookies in the current web browser. Because to security settings or cached data, the browser may be preventing the Captive Portal.
  • Examine the firewall policies: Check that the firewall policies allow traffic to reach the Captive Portal and that there are no competing policies or rules that are preventing traffic from reaching the Captive Portal.
  • Examine the Captive Portal logs: Examine the Captive Portal logs for any problems or warnings that could point to the source of the "403 Forbidden" error.

Hopefully, one of these steps will assist you in identifying and resolving the Captive Portal issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Hi @Charlie80,

Here are a few things you can do to solve the problem:

• Check the setup of the Captive Portal: Check that the Captive Portal configuration, including the authentication rules and response page, is valid and complete. Check that the Captive Portal is enabled on the correct interface and that the zone/user ID is configured properly.
  • Examine the Management profile settings: Check that the Management profile has the User ID and response page options enabled. Ascertain that the policy test functions as expected.
  • Check the certificate: Check that the Captive Portal's certificate is genuine and trusted by the web browser. If the test server lacks the customer CA, it may not trust the certificate, resulting in the "403 Forbidden" message.
  • Examine the web browser: Try using a different web browser to access the Captive Portal, or delete the cache and cookies in the current web browser. Because to security settings or cached data, the browser may be preventing the Captive Portal.
  • Examine the firewall policies: Check that the firewall policies allow traffic to reach the Captive Portal and that there are no competing policies or rules that are preventing traffic from reaching the Captive Portal.
  • Examine the Captive Portal logs: Examine the Captive Portal logs for any problems or warnings that could point to the source of the "403 Forbidden" error.

Hopefully, one of these steps will assist you in identifying and resolving the Captive Portal issue.

L0 Member

You can look through previous suggestions and if similar thing exists, then upvote it or add your own there. MyAscension

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!