captive portal issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

captive portal issue

L3 Networker

Hi All,

We configured captive portal-redirect with local db

when unknown users(who are not in AD,belongs to local db) redirected and web form is authenticated.

But the problem is they can't browse internet. Browser shows" page not loaded" to those users..

Can you tell me possible cause?

One more problem..

Users who are logged in via LDAP are disconnected over particular time(in a day).. After restart their PC and log in again..its(user-ip) working.

Setting: server session enabled, can i put more minutes in timeout?

Please temme possible cause?..

Thanking you

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Javith

Ad1. Please show us security policy and CP policy that are used for CP.

Ad2. Please read Troubleshooting Captive Portal and How to View Captive Portal User Information and Change Timeout Values

Regards

Slawek

Hi Slawek..

Thank you..

Internet can be accessed by AD users..so security policy basically allows trust to untrust internet traffic.

Captive portal policy includes http/https service..redirected and authenticated via Local db..

and question 2 not about captive portal...I'm facing issue with LDAP users..can you suggest?

Hi

CP need more than one security rule in configuration (ie. User ID in zone configurations). I asked You to show us to help You in Your problem.

Please read Captive portal leak maybe it will helpfull for You.

Ad2 - please show your config (group mapping)

regards

Slawek

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!