Captive Portal Limit.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal Limit.

L4 Transporter

Does anyone know the limit of concurrent connections from Captive Portal? Is there a CLI or counter on the device for this?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

I posted this question for the points, but I already know the maximum is 2500 concurrent.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

> show user ip-user-mapping all | match CP shows your the Users identified using CP.

Also

> show session id  <id> output helps you confirm if the session is a CP session or not using field :

captive portal session        : False

L4 Transporter

I posted this question for the points, but I already know the maximum is 2500 concurrent.

You're such a point-slave. Smiley Wink

Also, where does it show that it's 2500 concurrent?

L4 Transporter

Yeah, I also award points to myself for helping people with annoying things I found out myself or from you.  Watch out Pantopia there's a new ax wielding magii-elf in town and he's freinds with Nir.

I would like to know the reference for the 2500 concurrent limit... This could be a problem for us since we want to use Captive Portal to handle approximately 12,000 workstations ...

Thanks

Art

There is a limit for user-ip mapping and that is 512.000 for MP and 64.000 for DP and it's the same for devices bigger than PA-500.

There is no specific limit for captive portal authenticated users.The above should apply.

For PA200, and 500 this limit is 64.000

Thanks Panos!

Art

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!