Captive portal problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive portal problem

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We are having a problem with the captive portal....We have two domains PL and HU.

If we introduce a website in the browser, the captive portal ask for credentials.

1) If we use the credentials for user "PL\user" the captive portal will show "page not found" but if we refresh the page (F5), the web will be showed. Why do we have to push F5 and the web its not showed directly?
2) In contrast, if we use the HU domain eg "HU\user" we show the site correctly without having to refresh.

Thanks so much

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi

Please verify that the same behavior is with links http://google.pl (withou https) and with different browsers. I obserwed similar situation on IE7 - I have only one domain.

What about the error in system logs related to CP?

Regards

Slawek

L4 Transporter

I have a similar situation with a single domain and captive portal.  I have found it occurs most often with IOS devices when they first connect and go the Apple "success" page.  Repeatedly connecting to the wireless eventually completes the connection.

Bob

L5 Sessionator

How big the deployment of captive portal. If there are alot of users trying to authenticate with captive portal at the same time then you might see this.

Also is the behavior that when you go to the website the page just spins and the captive portal does not show up.

However rather than refreshing it if you leave it on that does the captive portal page ever show up.

Also what software version are you.Also does it happen on one pc only or to more users as well.

Like other mentioned it can only be a browser issue as well.

Also if you really want to see what is happening do a packets capture on the client and see what you get.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Numan

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!