check now and Invalid image, Failed to download file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

check now and Invalid image, Failed to download file

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

i was trying to download GP client 4.6  from GUI and got error 

Invalid image, Failed to download file

tried few times every time got above error.

then i clicked on check  now then it worked.

Need to know how i was able to download the global protect client 4.6 when i clicked on check now?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

The URLs behind the download buttons that the firewall uses are (as far as I know) one time download links, that are valid for a specific amount of time. But the firewall still caches these URLs. So if there are still cached URLs that were generated a while ago, they are no longer valid when you tried to download the gp client. "Check now" initiates another connection from your firewall to PaloAlto Update servers where new URLs are generated for your firewall that you now can use for some (short) time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

The URLs behind the download buttons that the firewall uses are (as far as I know) one time download links, that are valid for a specific amount of time. But the firewall still caches these URLs. So if there are still cached URLs that were generated a while ago, they are no longer valid when you tried to download the gp client. "Check now" initiates another connection from your firewall to PaloAlto Update servers where new URLs are generated for your firewall that you now can use for some (short) time.

Many Thanks 

Learning a lot from here!

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thank you so very much for your help. and posting your experience and what fix the problem.

PaloAlto is a great device but the GUI still has a long way 

I had a problem with the fans running at a very high speed and there was no GUI tool to see why the was 

like I said they still have a a very long way to provide the tools to fully monitor the firewall.

I would like to also see a wizard setup for few of the setting like Cisco has with setting up VPN settings.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!