Chromebooks user-id ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Chromebooks user-id ?

L0 Member

Has anyone tried to get a userid authentication from users with Chromebooks?  We are evaluating Chromebooks to be used in a laptop cart setting in our school.  I don't want to fall back to a portal login if there is any way I can get a current user off the chromebook via the chromebook/google apps login session they will be using.

If it helps, I am also using a Enterasys NAC that is integrated with my Palo Alto, so if I can glean a chrome current user off the NAC I would be happy with using that as well.

--Keith

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Keith,

You can you global Protect from goolge app store.

GlobalProtect delivers a significant benefit to organizations; a consistent firewall-based security policy for all users, irrespective of location. The creation and management of separate policies for firewalls and remote users is eliminated, as are the associated management efforts. Using GlobalProtect, roaming devices will automatically discover the organizations' nearest Palo Alto Networks gateway and upon login, will be protected as though they were working locally. The same application enablement, threat prevention, and URL filtering policies that are applied to users within the corporate walls are applied to users when they login remotely. The result is a streamlined security infrastructure that eliminates duplicate security components and builds a more consistent security policy.

GlobalProtect expands the security policy matching criteria beyond applications, users and content to include information about the host state. Prior to granting access to a network resource, host state policies can be established to verify critical elements such as OS patch level or updated virus protection being available and active on the client computer.

L4 Transporter

Any Update?

Where you able to get the Chrome user info to work?

I know you could use the syslog or NAC info.....

Just wondering if you got the info directly from the student ChromBook to work with the User-ID scenario?

Thanx

Any update?

I need a solution real bad.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!