CLI equivalent of GUI task

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CLI equivalent of GUI task

L2 Linker

Is there a way to determine the CLI equivalent of a command/task done within the management GUI?

For example, with PAN 4.1.2, what is the CLI equivalent of the GUI when you import a pkcs12 format certficate?

thanks, Jeff

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi jeff,
I guess you are referring to a feature of cisco which shows in gui all the gui changes that you have made in the form of cli commands, if that is what you are referring to at this poinf of time we dont have that feature.

Tx,
Sandeep T

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi...For import/export via the CLI, you can use scp or tftp.

admin@pa5060> scp import ?

admin@pa5060> tftp export ?

Thanks.

L6 Presenter

Hi jeff,
I guess you are referring to a feature of cisco which shows in gui all the gui changes that you have made in the form of cli commands, if that is what you are referring to at this poinf of time we dont have that feature.

Tx,
Sandeep T

L6 Presenter

My best friend in these situations tends to be to grab a copy of:

Command Line Interface Reference Guide

and

Administrator's Guide

from "Technical documentation" at https://support.paloaltonetworks.com/index.php?option=com_pan&task=tech_docs&Itemid=141

and use CTRL+F in my favorite pdf-viewer (which currently is SumatraPDF, I got a bit allergic to all vulns that Adobe puts in their products).

I guess the answer to my question is no.  I am surprised by this...  it's something I would expect to be able to do.

My query stems from a problem I was having when using the GUI to import certificates that where externally generated and signed (for Forward Trust and Secure Web Gui use).  Through trial and error I finally was able to accomplish the import using the CLI.  I was curious to know why it didn't work using the GUI.  I may start a new discussion to expound on the certificate import issue.

Thanks!  Jeff

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!