CLI Scripting to implement missing commands

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CLI Scripting to implement missing commands

L2 Linker

Hi,

in my opinion some commands are still missing in the PanOS CLI. I miss some features implemented in my conventional firewall to handle the policy rule  set efficiently.

Some other vendor has the possibility to use so called op-scripts in the CLI. This scripts allow to implement own CLI commands using the built in API.

Is there already the possibility to use the PanOS-API from the PanOS CLI? Or are there plans to do this?

Best regards

Winfried

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

PanOS does not yet support op scripts on the cli.

But you can use REST api from web browser for scripting fucntions

PAN-OS and Panorama 5.0 XML API Usage Guide

Video Link : 1024

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thanks, I knew that this is possible, but my idea is to have the functions still available even if nothing more but the serial console works.

You say "not yet". Do you know about plans to implement op scripts?

I have not seen an op script feature in any roadmap presentation yet.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!