CLI to create Address Object and Address Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CLI to create Address Object and Address Group

L4 Transporter

I need to create 800 IP address and Address group into Panorama. May I know what is the CLI command able to help me to do it ? 

I have tried below command but return as invalid. 

set device-group D-DMZ address H-xx.xx.xx.xx ip-netmask xx.xx.xx.xx
Unknown command: set

#CLI Panorama 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @JiaXiang

The syntax of the command you posted is correct. The fact you are getting an error: "Unknown command: set" makes me think this is a privilege issue. Could you go Panorama and type:

> configure

#?

If you have a privilege level to make changes you should see: "set" as one of the available commands. In order to make changes to Device Group the required privilege Level is either one of these: superuser, vsysadmin, deviceadmin

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @JiaXiang

The syntax of the command you posted is correct. The fact you are getting an error: "Unknown command: set" makes me think this is a privilege issue. Could you go Panorama and type:

> configure

#?

If you have a privilege level to make changes you should see: "set" as one of the available commands. In order to make changes to Device Group the required privilege Level is either one of these: superuser, vsysadmin, deviceadmin

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L4 Transporter

Thanks Pavel,

After checking it is privilege's issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!