Code Recommendations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Recommendations

L0 Member

I am currently running two 1420 HA pairs at 2 different sites.

Current SW version is 11.0.4 h1.

I see newer versions of code out there such as 11.0.5 and 11.1.3-h1.

Questions:

* Do I need an upgrade

* What code should I go to

* If 11.1.3-h1 is recommended, can I upgrade straight to it or do I need to first upgrade to earlier versions of 11.1.X

* Has the 11.1.x been out long enough to warrant going to it or should I just go to 11.0.5?

* Should I first upgrade the Panorama to what ever version is recommeded

* All recommendations are welcome

Thanks a lot - Brian

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

@BRasicot wrote:

I am currently running two 1420 HA pairs at 2 different sites.

Current SW version is 11.0.4 h1.

I see newer versions of code out there such as 11.0.5 and 11.1.3-h1.

Questions:

* Do I need an upgrade

* What code should I go to

* If 11.1.3-h1 is recommended, can I upgrade straight to it or do I need to first upgrade to earlier versions of 11.1.X

* Has the 11.1.x been out long enough to warrant going to it or should I just go to 11.0.5?

* Should I first upgrade the Panorama to what ever version is recommeded

* All recommendations are welcome

Thanks a lot - Brian

Do I need an upgrade  --  That really depends on your organization.  Especially with newer Palo code I've found, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  That said if you're not on the current "preferred" code in the train you're running then maybe upgrade to that?

* What code should I go to  --  Kinda same as above.  Typically best to run the preferred code on your existing train.

* If 11.1.3-h1 is recommended, can I upgrade straight to it or do I need to first upgrade to earlier versions of 11.1.X  -- I'll take these two together

* Has the 11.1.x been out long enough to warrant going to it or should I just go to 11.0.5? -- I'll take these two together

-- Take a look at the code sheet below.  11.1 is relatively new.  Unless there's a feature you have to have I'd stay on 11.0.X.  To answer your first question if you wanted/needed to jump to the 11.1.X train you only need to download the "base" 11.1.0 code then you can download/upgrade to the 11.1.X revision you wanted to deploy.

* Should I first upgrade the Panorama to what ever version is recommeded -- Yes it's always recommended that your Panorama version be at the same code or higher as managed firewalls.

Brandon_Wertz_0-1719428370509.png

Thank you very much.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!