Command line

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Command line

L4 Transporter

I have come accross and article that show some of the CLI commands for palo alto but there aren't that many listed. When I call into support they are able to come up with som many more anyone know where I can get a larger listing?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

If you go to live.paloaltonetworks.com

login

then select documentation on the left tabs

then click on categories CLI reference guide

you will see different PANOS versions CLI guides

or you can also try clicking on the following link to see if it takes you directly to that page

Documentation

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Numan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

If you go to live.paloaltonetworks.com

login

then select documentation on the left tabs

then click on categories CLI reference guide

you will see different PANOS versions CLI guides

or you can also try clicking on the following link to see if it takes you directly to that page

Documentation

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Numan

L4 Transporter

We are also working on migrating all of our Technical Publications content to a new location. Most everything is already migrated, except for tech notes, the translated docs, and SNMP MIB files. The URL is very easy to remember, just go to paloaltonetworks.com/documentation and click PAN-OS and you will see the CLI Reference.

Stu

Just what I was looking for I am trying to learn how to troubleshoot issues on my PA .

If the PAN FW is running on 6.0.X version. There is a new feature available to find any command with matching keyword from CLI.

admin@DADA> find command keyword "routing"

Thanks

I don't see a cli reference guide for PAN-OS 8. Does it exist and is it public? I have one for 6 so I know they were made at one time.

Finding a command via context sensitive help is okay but a cli reference guide should explain or interpret what commands do. Also if you don't know any part of the name of a command you can't search for it.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!