Cortex XDR Agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR Agent

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm noticing that Cortex Agent is giving me High RAM usage in all endpoint

Cortex XDR 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @samulelebarbera ,

Any prove that is caused by Cortex XDR?

Are you talking about servers or workstations?

Hi @aleksandar.astardzhiev ,

from the task manager I see that it is cortex that consumes a lot of resources and slows down my devices, both servers and workstations

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@samulelebarbera,

Do you have an established installation in your environment, or is this something that you are just starting to roll out? Generally when this gets reported the root of the issue is that someone is running Cortex alongside another AV product, do you have any other solutions installed alongside Cortex? 

@BPry 

Cortex is in use for 2 years, no other AV installed apart from Microsoft Windows Defender

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@samulelebarbera,

I'd generate a support file and take a look if you're seeing an increase in memory usage. Outside of someone making a file scanning change you shouldn't be seeing any sort of resource increase reported with the latest agent. 

Hi @samulelebarbera ,

I was hoping you can share any evidences that Cortex XDR is really consuming high amount of resources

And actually see what you mean by "high"

Apart from that, a while ago we noticed that the Network Packet Inspection Engine Protection was causing performance issues on servers with high amount of traffic. We didn't had any issues with workstations as it looks like they usually generate high volume of network traffic.

If you still believe XDR is still the cause of the performance issues - which I am still skeptical since you haven't provide any prove - you can try to create separate profile which will disable network inspection, if this does not help you can start disabling modules

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!