CSR Certificate Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CSR Certificate Issue

L3 Networker

Hello Team,

Three year before ,One of my customer is generated the certificate from linux machine and sent it to comodo for third party sign.

Now they got new palo alto firewall and he is trying to install that certificate on palo alto but while installing certificate we are facing "Mismatched Public and Private keys" 

I have one more doubt that, in order for creating a External CA signed certificate. What is the proper way to achieve it whether by generating the CSR from a Linux machine (or) CSR that generated by the PA Firewall itself. Do clarify me on the same. Thanks in advance !!

Best Regards,

Karthikeyan Balamurugan

Regards

Karthikeyan Balamurugan

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@karthikeyanB 

Definitely creating the CSR on the FW is the correct way to do it.

If the error is mismatched private/public keys, then... they will need to export the cert AND the private key, and import on the FW.

To be fair, I think the best thing to do,.. create the CSR on the FW and ask Comodo to sign it. As they have already paid for the cert, I do not see Comodo pushing back on this request... I have lost my certificate signing requests before and create a new one with out issue.

Granted.. it would have to be identical name/CN to for it to be re-signed at no charge.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@karthikeyanB,

Generating the CSR from the firewall or generating it from a server doesn't matter, as long as you input the proper information either one works perfectly fine. The advantage to generating the CSR on a server is that you can add multiple SANs, which may be exactly why they did it that way in the first place. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!