Custom block page size limitation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom block page size limitation

Not applicable

To remove dependancy on external servers for hosting content as part of the block pages, I tried impeding a small image in-line with base64 encoding (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme).  When uploading the custom page, the system alerted that it failed for an unkown reason.  My assumption is that there is a size limit for the custom block page HTML and with my base64 image imbeded, I exceeded that number.  Do we have any idea what that is or if there would be some other reason data URI schemes are not supported?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

in 4.1.x we will actually display the limit and enhanced the error indicating that you have uploaded something over this limit.

the current limit is roughly 3/4 of 21KB.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2010

the above link is for custom block page. i do not recall any size limit but if you want an image on the block page you will need to host this on a external server.

It's not true that the image has to be stored externally.. there is definitely a size limit because I'm able to embed an extremely low resolution image as URI data, it does work.  I'm just trying to figure out what the limit is and why there is a limit... I've been able to sucessfully upload a file as large as 9,141 bytes (with the really cruddy image imbeded) and it works.

i am trying to figure out the limit right now.  the limit should be in place so we do not cause our internal web server to crash while processing that.

this is something that can be done, but i would recommend using an external server to host the images.

in 4.1.x we will actually display the limit and enhanced the error indicating that you have uploaded something over this limit.

the current limit is roughly 3/4 of 21KB.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!