Dataplane down : too many dataplane processes exited

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dataplane down : too many dataplane processes exited

L3 Networker

Hi all, I would like to know and a reason whether why data plane restart is self when config HA and will show on system log "Dataplane down: too many data plane processes exited" because I found this issue and I don't know to fix it.

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would say open a support case if you havent already. Depending on your OS version, there are fixes for dataplane restarts.

Regards,

L6 Presenter

What PAN-OS are you running?

What hardware platform?

@OtakarKlier @Brandon_Wertz  This issue should an open support case only right?, my device detail PA-3020 OS 7.1.10.

Hello @Pattarachai,

I would definitly start with a support case. That way they can advise if there are fixes for the condition you are facing since you are on slightly older code. They are up to 7.1.16 on the train you are currently on. You can read through the release notes but I think a support case would be quicker.

Good luck!

L2 Linker

@Pattarachai I am also getting the same issue. How we can fix this issue 

Last non-functional state reason: Dataplane down: too many dataplane processes exited

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I have also faced same issue on two of my gateways. Both are having  different models but were running on same code (9.0.3-h3). I had logged support case and TAC said it was due to bug (Bug ID PAN-133883). This bug is addressed in 9.0.6.

I would suggest to open support case and check if you're also hitting same bug.

Hope it helps!

Mayur

M
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!