Default Application ID change in 8.0?

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

Re: Default Application ID change in 8.0?

@DPoppleton ,

That would lead me to possibly start looking at the address objects that were passed in and seeing if they somehow are the problem. Try testing with a policy that actually specifies the IP of one of the servers and see if you see the same behavior. 

Highlighted
L3 Networker

@BPry the destination is a FQDN. I verified that the name resolved in the firewall by using "request system fqdn show" but I was wondering as well if there is failure with that somewhere.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

We have another test window on Monday... I'll let you know how it goes.

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@DPoppleton,

Actually FQDN might explain things. What version did you actually upgrade this to? Throughout 8.0 there are a number of times where FQDN objects didn't work as expected. 

Highlighted
L3 Networker

It's 8.0.15. I was kind of hoping all the bugs would have been found by now.

L3 Networker

We changed the target from an FQDN to an IP address and it is working. So it looks like another bug with FQDN. We're not going to celebrate yet as we will give it a few days to ensure it stays working, but it is looking good.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!