Delete Antivirus Dynamic Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Delete Antivirus Dynamic Update

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I tried threats & antivirus license on a PA 4020.

My license was end, so I deleted it using CLI -> works fine

But how to delete antivirus dynamic update package ?? I can't by using web, I tried with CLI : delete anti-virus update (but the pack is not listed).

I'm on PANOS 4.1.11

Thanks,

Franck.

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

How do you know they are still on the device ? you see antivirus package from dynamic update on webgui ?

Yes I see the package on the webgui.

L4 Transporter

You could export your config and do a reset to factory default, and rimport your config.

like that

it 's a little extrem but it will erase the dynamic update

L4 Transporter

but the best way is to execute this

in cli just execute

delete anti-virus update nameOFthreadfile

regards

L5 Sessionator

Hi Franck,

We can delete the package from the root, although there is no harm in keeping the currently installed package on the box. With the expiration of the license, you cannot get the latest updates. The PANFW would continue scanning for threats by matching the signatures defined under the currently installed version.

To Delete the file from the root, you need to open a case with TAC.

BR,

Karthik RP

Hi,

I tried it, but i didn't see any package to delete, when I tried with auto-completion there is no "nameOFthreadfile" to delete :smileyconfused:

I want to delete this package because i'm in Active/passive configuration.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!