Device Certificate Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Certificate Issue

L2 Linker

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue with the device certificate. I have generated that OTP in the CSP portal and imported it into the firewall after I am facing the below issue

"Failed to fetch device certificate. Failed to send a request to the CSP server. Error: Operation timed out after 60000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received."

Attached the screenshot also. kindly help to resolve the issue ASAP.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

AhamadullahM_1-1648729460922.png

Regards,

AHAMADULLAH.M

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AhamadullahM ,

"Operation timed out" usually means that firewall is not able to reach the CSP server over internet.

By default firewall will use its dedicated management interface to reach any Palo Alto services.

I would suggest to start with the following:

- Confirm firewall dedicated mgmt interface have Internet connectivity. Check if there is any filter allowning only specific traffic

- Confirm you firewall have DNS server configured and this DNS server can resolve public domains

If the management network does not have any internet access, you can use one of the dateplane interfaces by configuring service route for "Palo Alto Services".

Make sure your firewall clock is synced (configure NTP). Incorrect time shouldn't cause "operation timed out", error, but it is could cause issues since the certificates are time sensitive.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!