Device Group and Template admins in Panorama 5.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Device Group and Template admins in Panorama 5.0

L4 Transporter

After upgrading Panorama to 5.0 I can't find the option to limit access for an administrator to a specific device groups or templates in the webgui. In 4.1, it was possible to configure this under "Administrators" in the device tab. This option seems to be missing in 5.0.(see attached screen shot)

Skjermbilde.PNG

In the CLI I am able to configure it, but I can't find the options in the webgui:

admin@panorama(primary-active)# edit mgt-config users tormtest

[edit mgt-config users tormtest]

admin@panorama(primary-active)# show

tormtest {

permissions {

role-based {

custom {

device-groups [ DG1 DG2];

templates [ Template1 Template2 ];

profile Admin-ReadOnly;

devices {

002XXXXXXXX;

}

}

}

}

phash XXXXXX;

}

[edit mgt-config users tormtest]

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

I think I saw the same issue.  I needed to create a new Admin Role first (could not use the pre-existing ones from before the upgrade)

After I created that admin role (and made sure that it was Device Group restricted, then I could create my Admin account, or point my created admin account to my newly created admin role)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

I think I saw the same issue.  I needed to create a new Admin Role first (could not use the pre-existing ones from before the upgrade)

After I created that admin role (and made sure that it was Device Group restricted, then I could create my Admin account, or point my created admin account to my newly created admin role)

Thanks, that was it! I created a new device group admin role, and now I get the option to select device groups and templates.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!