Device Group Hierarchy and Template Stacks in 7.x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Group Hierarchy and Template Stacks in 7.x

L3 Networker

Howdy all!  I am really curious about Device Group Hierarchy and Template Stacks in 7.x.  There could be incredible value in utilizing these features in my environment.  The biggest question I have is:  Does Panorama AND the target firewall BOTH have to be on 7.x in order to take advantage of this management structure?  It sounds to me like the Firewall version is OK to be lower (we're currently 6.1.x and no plans right now to upgrade globally).  I would be more inclined to upgrade Panorama as it's less risky due to it not controlling traffic.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi Matt,

I'm currently using v7.0.3 on Panorama and v6.1.7 on our firewalls and the templates and device group hierarchy are working. You just have to be aware that you will see configuration options in the templates that do not apply to your firewalls since some feature are only available in v7.

Benjamin

View solution in original post

It will work but there is one "issue" to be aware of : LDAP servers domain no longer exist on PAnorama template v7 and will break your userid config if you used that option in your template.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Matt,

I'm currently using v7.0.3 on Panorama and v6.1.7 on our firewalls and the templates and device group hierarchy are working. You just have to be aware that you will see configuration options in the templates that do not apply to your firewalls since some feature are only available in v7.

Benjamin

It will work but there is one "issue" to be aware of : LDAP servers domain no longer exist on PAnorama template v7 and will break your userid config if you used that option in your template.

Thanks to both of you!  That is helpful!

Matt

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!