Devices managed through Panorama - Unable to export entire device config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Devices managed through Panorama - Unable to export entire device config

L3 Networker

Hi,

When I have a firewall managed through Panorama, I am unable to figure out a way to export the devices complete config file in xml.

I have tried Export Panorama and devices config bundle but I only get a few basic settings in the XML. No policies, or Interface settings.

Even when I log into a PA manually and export the config I only get a few basic settings and not all the settings on the firewall.

Is there anyway to export the entire firewall config for a device managed by Panorama ?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Schneur_Feldman

thanks for the post!

You can get configuration of Panorama managed Firewall from: Panorama > Managed Devices > Summary, then navigate to far right to option: "Backups". After you click on Manage, you will get a new window where you get all configurations after each Firewall commit.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L3 Networker

I checked in the backups but that is still not the entire config. Missing interfaces/Zones/policy's 

Can you confirm that there ENTIRE FW was programmed by Device Groups and Templates and pushed using FORCE TEMPLATE VALUES?   It is quite possible that the FW is partially local and Panorama configured.
Let us know.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L3 Networker

The entire FW is managed by Panorama. This is happening with multiple clients and multiple Panorama deployments. Not just one client or deployment. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!