dhcp client class-id setting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

dhcp client class-id setting

L2 Linker

Dear all,

a potential FTTH provider requires a special option for the dhcp client in order to work.

CISCO setting like:

ip dhcp client class-id 100008,0001,Cisco,e02f.6d21.xxxx,15.3(1)T,FCZXXXXXXXX

Is there any change to set the dhcp class-id for the dhcp client? I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Regards,

Andreas

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello sir,

Let me make a quick clarification. You are trying to implement DHCP option 60 (Vendor class identifier-minimum of 1 octet)  into the PAN firewall. Which is used for identifying the vendor and functionality of a DHCP client.

As per my understanding, PAN is not having an option to implement the same. There is a Feature Request  available for DHCP option.

DHCP Options:

Priority: High

FR ID: 784

I would request you to contact with your Palo Alto Networks SE and refer this info for more detail information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello sir,

Let me make a quick clarification. You are trying to implement DHCP option 60 (Vendor class identifier-minimum of 1 octet)  into the PAN firewall. Which is used for identifying the vendor and functionality of a DHCP client.

As per my understanding, PAN is not having an option to implement the same. There is a Feature Request  available for DHCP option.

DHCP Options:

Priority: High

FR ID: 784

I would request you to contact with your Palo Alto Networks SE and refer this info for more detail information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L1 Bithead

Unfortunately It looks like priority for this FR is not high at all. After two years it is still not implemented... Our client needs this feature too.

Regards,

DB

According to our PA representative a feature request has been created: FR ID: 5686

Hope it will be implemented soon...

That was fun, most other firewall does support this. And while search for a solution, guess what, this topci came up.. and the last entry was back in 2006, still no love from palo alto... Should be to hard to implement. They do similar thing on the managment interface... there you can send host-id, but can not set a custom option. 

Hi all,

I ran into this issue as well and will update this thread when I get answers. 

Cheers,

L0 Member

Hi

We too face this problem. Are there any solvings?

Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!