DHCP configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

DHCP configuration

L1 Bithead

Hello all,

Our branch office is using PA820 as a DHCP server with all of our devices into a single vlan.  We would like to keep the devices into different vlans with different subnets.  My question is how to configure the DHCP to assign a specific subnet to a specific vlan (switch)?

Please help!!  I am new to this product.

Thanks

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You need to create subinterfaces into Palo.

If possible then under aggregrate ethernet as this add resiliency and flexibility.

After that DHCP config can be added for every subinterface.

Port(s) on switch side need to be trunk/tagged.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRkCAK

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

View solution in original post

Hello BPry!  Your help is greatly appreciated.  I will be working with one of staff based in HQ to go through the steps.  Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MamadouCisse,

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-web-interface-help/network/network-interfaces/l...

Give that link a good reading and then go through and look at the DHCP configuration docs as well. What you're asking is a straightforward process, but in this instance I'd actually suggest that you find someone (either internally or through a partner or whatever) that can help guide you through this process. Being a remote office and not knowing anything about your management access, there's ways you could do this that would require someone physically on-site to fix if you screw something up.

I'd recommending using a more knowledgeable helping hand for this task as you get more hands on experience with configuring PAN-OS. Find someone that won't just do the work for you, but actually walk through the why and how while you're the one actually doing the work. There's a number of considerations to make in regard to the rest of the configuration that will need to be updated to really see a lot of benefit from this change. You'll want someone knowledgeable about the platform to actually review your configuration as a whole. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You need to create subinterfaces into Palo.

If possible then under aggregrate ethernet as this add resiliency and flexibility.

After that DHCP config can be added for every subinterface.

Port(s) on switch side need to be trunk/tagged.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRkCAK

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Hello Raido_Rattameister!  Thank you so much for your input.  This link was a great help for me to follow.

Hello BPry!  Your help is greatly appreciated.  I will be working with one of staff based in HQ to go through the steps.  Thank you so much.

Thank you so much for your input! I will make sure to work with one of my peers in HQ to configure the DHCP.
  • 2 accepted solutions
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!