DNS Security Subscription on EXISTING PA-220 Lab Appliance

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS Security Subscription on EXISTING PA-220 Lab Appliance

L2 Linker

Is anyone having the same problem as me?  I have an existing PA-220 lab appliance (the lab SKU includes all available subs and support) that was deployed prior to the announcement of PAN-OS 9.0 and DNS Securty.  I have since upgraded the appliance to 9.0, but I cannot find a way to add the DNS Security subscription to the appliance within the support portal.  I can't even add it as an eval (that option doesn't exist on the Lab boxes, since they're supposed to include all of the subs).  

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

DNS Security was introduced in 9.0, so if you last checked your licenses before the upgrade it wouldn't include that one (8.1 and older wouldn't know what to do with that type of license).

In the GUI, go to Device > Licenses, hit Check Now to see if you now have the DNS Security license.

In CLI enter: request license fetch

Thanks for the reply!

The device does not have the license for it.  The problem isn't on the device...it's on the Support portal.  I don't have the option to ADD or enable the license to the asset within the support portal, so that when I go to refresh the licensing on the firewall, there's nothing additional for it to include.

Gotcha. If you already paid for the license and it's not showing up, there may be a way to link them. For that, you'll likely need to work with support directly. Lab devices have separate licensing, but I am ignorant of how the DNS Security license is sold/provided to those devices.

If you have not purchased the license for that, then you would want to work with your account team or reseller/integrator to do so.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!