Documentation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Documentation

L0 Member

My background is in Cisco, Juniper, and Ubiquiti Networks.  I just purchased my first PA firewall and I'm looking forward to becoming an active participant in the community.  I just wanted to give kudos to the PA team on their documentation.  I'm looking at the PAN-OS 8 document and I can't believe how well thought out and laid out the document is.  The best practices built into the deployment guide is brilliant.  If the PA-200 is half as good as the documentation I think I'm in for a pleasant surprise!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@whowe82,

Here's to a new community member! The deployment guide is an amazing tool to get folks started. I'll just bring up that the Live Community articles are also a great place to learn about features, and if you hang out in the discussion forums you'll likely hear about some of the more unique features that some admins never take advantage of. 

The best news is, since your testing everything out on a PA-200, you'll have plenty of time to read up on some of these amazing things when you wait for all of your commits to actually finish 😉 

More serious note: Don't let the speed of which your PA-200 commits worry you at all. The PA-220 takes about half the time, and as you move up to the 820 and beyond commit times really become a non-issue. That being said, yes the PA-200 can take a few minutes to actually complete a commit. 

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!