Downloading software upgrade on very slow link

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Downloading software upgrade on very slow link

L1 Bithead

I have some pa-220's located at remote places connected to slow uplinks. When trying to download upgrade base image 10.0.0 and its latest minor, the connection terminates by tcp-rst-from-client after 1800 seconds. Then the pa-220 starts downloading again, but only to be terminated after 1800 seconds again.

show jobs all - shows this fail after 1 hour:

Enqueued Dequeued ID PositionInQ Type Status Result Completed 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/09/25 21:15:59 21:15:59 5 Downld FIN FAIL 22:16:03

This happens both when downloading through cli and gui. In the GUI, the error message is

• Failed to download due to generic communication error. Please try again later.
  • Failed to download file

The download happens through an established vpn tunnel via . There seems to be a timer somewhere that terminates after 30 + 30 minutes. Amount downloaded before termination is about 360 Mb. Size of 10.0.0 base is 496 Mb.

Is there a timer somewhere that I can adjust to make sure I'll get the complete file before it times out?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Until you are looking if any timer exists you can download software from support portal and upload to firewall manually as temporary workaround.

I had similar experience but never got to open TAC case as remote site with slow link got upgrade.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Thanks! Manual upload seems to work ok.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!