Dropbox uploading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dropbox uploading

L3 Networker

For dropbox on the web.  I need to block uploading, this works with chrome, ie.  but with firefox if i create a File-Blocking policy with the following. Firefox will not stop the dropbox upload.  IE and Chrome will.

Any application upload block

application web-browsing upload continue

If I remove web-browsing application from the policy object then dropbox will not upload in firefox.  I need to allow web-browsing uploads.

I am running 6.0.3 on my palo's.

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Hello markk96,

It is not feasible to block app-based Dropbox while allowing the web-based Dropbox (or vice versa). The reason is that there is no traffic difference between dropbox web version and app version, so even a separate AppID for web-based and app-based Dropbox will not work.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Few related discussions:

app but

Re: Dropbox (again)

Thanks

No that is not what i am saying, this is only dropbox web uploading.  I am using the File-Blocking Object to do this.

If you look under file blocking there is dropbox and there is web-browsing.  With web-browsing uploads allowed dropbox and firefox will upload, even though dropbox is set to block upload.  This is not an issue with IE or Chrome. 

This is my policy in the template.   If I remove the "web-browing" out of the allow portion then Firefox dropbox upload is denied.  If I leave it in, then Firefox Dropbox upload works.

File-Blocking {

rules {

Wildfire {

application any;

file-type [ apk email-link flash jar msoffice pdf PE];

[67;1H [K [7mlines 202232-202283  [m [67;1H [67;1H [K            direction both;

action forward;

}

Deny {

application any;

file-type any;

direction upload;

action block;

}

"Facebook Photo" {

application facebook-posting;

file-type any;

direction upload;

action continue;

}

Allow {

application [ ftp instagram join-me-file-transfer linkedin-posting ms-ds-smb web-browsing];

file-type any;

direction upload;

action continue;

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!