Dumb Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumb Question

L4 Transporter

What exactly should we be doing when we get the Applications and Threats Content Release Notes?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Not a dumb question at all. I read through them to see if there could be any impact to my environment. Say a new application is released, could this affect my environment, etc. Lets say a new Zoom application is release and I dont have it whitelisted to be allowed outbound, it would get blocked and a lot of users would be unhappy. So I would choose the time this would be installed or perform it manually and test to see if there was traffic getting blocked (during after hours maintenance window). Also there are times where you dont know, so its best to be vigilant when the update is installed and any calls to the support desk regarding that application.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RobertShawver,

In addition to what @OtakarKlier already mentioned, these are also where you'll find most customer notices and reminders that you'll actually care about (although in my mind they stick around for a bit too long, muddying up their usefulness when they occasionally update some of them). 

So like right now you have a reminder about the new "scanning-activity" category that was recently added; and you'll get a notice about the new template that'll be in use starting on the 12th regarding these exact notices. This new format should clear up a lot of my issues with the existing notices and make things cleaner. 

L0 Member

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. When receiving Applications and Threats Content Release Notes, it's essential to read them thoroughly, assess their impact, ensure compatibility, test changes, maintain backups, and stay informed for effective network security management. Writing the perfect conclusion is one of the most difficult things to do. A close friend of mine recently shared her experience with this topic, and it brought back the memory of an essay I read once upon a time on this https://writinguniverse.com/how-to-write-a-conclusion-for-an-essay/ website. It was an essay that outlined the absolute best techniques for writing a perfect conclusion. If you want to learn how to write a perfect conclusion without any errors, I highly recommend this essay. If you're looking to brush up on your essay-writing skills, this essay is a must-read.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!