Duplicate Certificate Subject Found

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Duplicate Certificate Subject Found

Screenshot_2.pngHi all

Cant get rid off this warning.we have deleted all duplicate certificates but couldnt get out of this warning when commit something

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

is this a wildcard cert...

it may be that you have a wild cart cert for *.fred.smiff.com and also a cert for just smiff.com.

L7 Applicator

no cancel that... obviously that would apply to all ".com" certs...

I did have a similar issue with licensing, tried to add new and told already activated, although it had been removed..

had to go via cli to remove it as not showing in GUI.

you could view all installed certs  with one of the options under :-

show sslmgr-store

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Yes it is wildcart cert
Can you please give me instructions how to solve it?
Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@Radmin_85,

Once you've commit the configuration to ensure that any removals you've made have actually taken place, take a look at the certificate store and see if any of your listed certificates happen to have the same CN. 

If it doesn't show up in the GUI I would verify with the 'show sslmgr-store config-ca-certificate' command that you don't have a stale cert hiding in the config. 

Highlighted
L3 Networker

hello if you found the duplicate cert with the command show sslmgr-store config-ca-certificate, how can you delete the stale cert hiding in the config?

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

@Marivi,Good point...

I would have thought "delete sslmgr-store config-ca-certificate <certificate name>

but i thought wrong...

I can only see this option in "configure" mode but that's for web-server, forward-trust and forward-untrust.

Have you found a duplicate hidden cert or just asking?

Highlighted
L3 Networker

I have found a duplicate hidden, i have done  >debug dataplane reset ssl-decrypt certificate-cache but this don't fix the problem, I have found next command  > debug sslmgr delete crl all which do the same in management plane. I will inform you if the second command fix the problems... thank you for you fast answer

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

@Marivi

try this...

configure

delete shared ssl-decrypt trusted-root-ca ?

delete shared ssl-decrypt trusted-root-ca <certificate name>

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

no good...

no object to delete in delete handler

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!