Dynamic Address Group with Azure monitoring

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dynamic Address Group with Azure monitoring

L4 Transporter

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series/9-1/vm-series-deployment/set-up-the-vm-series-firewall-o...

In the end article tells to create DAG but how do I add VM's automatically to this group. Is there a wildcard that i can use like 'azure.vm-name.*'. I tried but its not working.  All I can do is manually select each of them clicking plus but that is not dynamic.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@raji_toor,

When you are creating the DAG/s you would do it with tags generally so that it's actually dynamic. 

As an example if I have a bunch of entries tagged SfBFrontEnd I would create a DAG and the Match criteria would simply be the tag entered like so in the Match dialog:

'SfBFrontEnd'

The DAG would then simply be updated whenever an address is added with that tag so that the DAG is actually truly Dynamic. 

@BPry I guess you haven't looked at the doc i am referring to. I know objects have to be tagged same to be added to DAG. Here we are talking of objects pulled by panorama plugin from Azure. And all the tags it lists are in full VM type.name notations and are created by panorama itself.

Plugin is just helping pull all the IP's from Azure. If new VMs are created, I still have to keep coming back to manually add individual tags it creates for every Azure VM to the DAG. 

If there was a wild card option we could they can be added to DAG by type 'azure.vm-name.*' as an example

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!