EBL during upgrading a PAN from 6.1.10 to 7.1.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

EBL during upgrading a PAN from 6.1.10 to 7.1.5

L0 Member

We are planning a have an version upgrade on PA firewall from 6.1.10 to 7.1.5 and the firewall is using the EBL, want to get any confirmation if the upgrade gonna impact the EBL in any way. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi Nitish, 

Hope you are well. The upgrade will not impact the EBL in anyway. If any trouble observed raise a support case with you ASC. 

best regards, 

robert D 

Hi Robert,

Thanks alot, any how will confirm once i am gone through that.

Thanks

Hi Nitish, 

There is a nice article runs through EBL's here and includes cli command for checking the EBL once configured. 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Configure-Dynamic-Block-List-DBL-...

{>request system external-list show name example-list}

double checked the command on 7.1.5 and still valid, so try that after the upgrade. 

If any hassle with it contact your support provider. Can't forsee any issues however. 

Best regards

Robert D 

Hi,

EBL is essentially a list of the websites/IP addresses. So after upgrade just confirm your firewall can still connect to the EBL site and still can refresh/see these ip on the box:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Learning-Articles/Working-with-External-Block-List-EBL-Formats-...

I agree with those above. I have EBL's and performed a similar upgrade and everything was good with the EBL's.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!