ecmp

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ecmp

L4 Transporter

Hi community,

Does anybody clarify my following doubts about preferred path in ECMP.

I am able to see * mark in one of ECMP route ?. what is that means?.

I have balanced round robin, so that each new sessions should take one path alternatively right ?. then what is the relevence of preferred path.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Abdul_Razaq ,

The asterisk just denotes the preferred path of the ECMP group, which you'll have regardless of your load-balancing method. Regardless of if you're using weighted round robin, balanced round robin, or hash-based round robin the group itself will always denote a preferred path. 

Hi @BPry ,

It is still confusing that why there is a preffered path ?. is there any relevence for this route in packet processing at any of session state?. is it like PA will be starting the session using this path and once it establishes, it will move to the path which it got by load balancing algorithm?.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!