Email Scheduler is not stable

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email Scheduler is not stable

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I configure an email profile for alert and report by email from my PAN ( latest OS 5.0.8 )

I have a problem with Email Scheduler below

sometime, I only send test email (test manually) once and after that I can not send email any more.

I really don't know where I miss configuration, please help if any one have experience

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

1. Does the manual test work?

2. Is the SMTP gateway reachable by the device? Test this by pinging the gateway from the interface you use for sending the reports:

>  ping host smtp.gateway.com

Or, if service route is configured:

> ping source <source_ip> host smtp.gateway.com

If you are using a hostname name in the Email server profile, ensure that the firewall can resolve the name using the DNS servers configured. Also, ensure that there are no rules which are blocking the traffic (if the firewall is in the network path to the SMTP gateway). Additional troubleshooting information can be found here: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1065

If you have smtp relay server , Please check the the  server that is configured which could be queuing the messages or discarding them .

I have the same problem and no solution... If you find one, please inform. Thank you.

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

Can you please explain in deep what exactly the issue is?

You were not receiving any e-mail alerts scheduled for daily or when you click on 'send test email' more than once it doesn't work?

I have tested on my lab firewall(send test email) thrice running on OS 5.0.3 and on OS 5.0.8 and I got 3 e-mails.

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

Hi Hari,

Sorry for a long time in response.

I were not receiving any e-mail alerts scheduled for daily.

And I have click "send test mail" more than once, sometime it work but sometime it failed

I don't know reason why, while other systems always send alert e-mail successfully.

You got a propose I am very welcome.

Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!