Empty Reports, What a I missing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Empty Reports, What a I missing?

L0 Member

I am new to the PaloAlto world, and admittedly somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. I am working with the reporting features and not getting even close to the results I expect. Particularly when I run a "User Activity Report", I get a 5 page PDF and all pages read "No Data Available" see attached reportEmpty Report. I figure I am not logging something but I haven't found the something to turn on.

PA-2020

Any light shed will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Birdson

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hi

Just wanted to follow up on your post to see if you were finally able to generate data for your users.

-Renato    

L5 Sessionator

Hi Birdson,

Make sure that you have logging enabled on security policies. Also if you want the URL and categories to show up in the user activity make sure to have those profiles added to the security policy and make sure to have them alteast on alert. So it can generate an entry in the logs. Once this is done allow it alteast 15 minutes to accumulate the data and make sure that user produces some traffic. After the 15 minutes try to generate the report and see if you are able to see the data now. The reason is becasue these reports are generated from the database and the system takes the snapshot of the database every 15 minutes. Hopefully this helps.

Thank you Numan

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!