End-of-Life Date 8.0 - October 31, 2019

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

End-of-Life Date 8.0 - October 31, 2019

L2 Linker

Hi, 

I found, what End-of-Life Date for PAN-OS 8.0 is October 31, 2019

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/end-of-life-announcements/end-of-life-summary

We are using version 8.0.13 with active subscriptions.

1. Will we receive updates (Antivirus, Threat Prevention, PAN-DB URL Filtering) after October 31. How long? Or do we urgently need to upgrade to 8.1?
2. What is the stable version 8.1?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

@aaobuhov ,

I understand the concern..  I was able to find this in regards to the End Of Life for software..

For software products, the following End-of-Life policy applies:

• Palo Alto Networks will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide 6 months notice prior to a software product End-of-Sale, at which time the software product will no longer be available for order.

• Major feature releases will be supported for 24 months from the date of release.

• The last Minor feature release of a major release cycle (see definition below) will be supported for 48 months from the date of release.

• Support may include technical support, bug fixes, Maintenance releases, workarounds, and patches for critical bugs.

• VM-Series Accelerated Feature Releases (XFR) will be supported for 12 months from the date of release.

A product must be covered by a support contract as of the End-of-Sale date to be eligible for support renewal. Support contracts may be renewed for the duration of the End-of-Life cycle, and cannot be allowed to lapse during this time and be reinstated later.

For all of the End of Life.. for hardware, software, etc, please see the EOL Policy page here:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/end-of-life-announcements/end-of-life-policy

Normally Dynamic updates WOULD normally stop, but due to special circumstances.. they are being continued for a couple of months.. but I would recommend that you upgrade to 8.1 before the end of 2019.

As far as the "stable" version of 8.1.. 

We recommend 8.1.10. 

But this recommendation changes.. to keep track of which versions are recommended, etc, please see:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Customer-Resources/Support-PAN-OS-Software-Release-Guidance/ta-...

Note: You need to be a customer to access that page.

I hope this helps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

@aaobuhov ,

I understand the concern..  I was able to find this in regards to the End Of Life for software..

For software products, the following End-of-Life policy applies:

• Palo Alto Networks will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide 6 months notice prior to a software product End-of-Sale, at which time the software product will no longer be available for order.

• Major feature releases will be supported for 24 months from the date of release.

• The last Minor feature release of a major release cycle (see definition below) will be supported for 48 months from the date of release.

• Support may include technical support, bug fixes, Maintenance releases, workarounds, and patches for critical bugs.

• VM-Series Accelerated Feature Releases (XFR) will be supported for 12 months from the date of release.

A product must be covered by a support contract as of the End-of-Sale date to be eligible for support renewal. Support contracts may be renewed for the duration of the End-of-Life cycle, and cannot be allowed to lapse during this time and be reinstated later.

For all of the End of Life.. for hardware, software, etc, please see the EOL Policy page here:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/end-of-life-announcements/end-of-life-policy

Normally Dynamic updates WOULD normally stop, but due to special circumstances.. they are being continued for a couple of months.. but I would recommend that you upgrade to 8.1 before the end of 2019.

As far as the "stable" version of 8.1.. 

We recommend 8.1.10. 

But this recommendation changes.. to keep track of which versions are recommended, etc, please see:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Customer-Resources/Support-PAN-OS-Software-Release-Guidance/ta-...

Note: You need to be a customer to access that page.

I hope this helps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Joe, thanks for the detailed answer.

regards

Andrew

L2 Linker

Hi Joe,
You've mentioned that dynamic updates would normally stop:

"Normally Dynamic updates WOULD normally stop, but due to special circumstances.. they are being continued for a couple of months.. but I would recommend that you upgrade to 8.1 before the end of 2019."
- What change of behavior can we expect to see from a device running on EOL panos once it reached the end of it's extended content availability date?

- Will you still get content updates after your PAN-OS version is EOL?

- Will the dynamic updates server deny the device from downloading the content? will it only list the latest available content update for that EOL version?

i.e:

For PANOS 8.0 the extended content availability ended on June 30, 2021. In fact when you refresh the dynamic updates

section (click on "check now") on the device it still lists all the newly available contents and they can be downloaded

for install.

thanks

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Any reason you cannot upgrade to a higher version, say 9.0.x?

Regards,

Hi,

It’s currently a work in progress, lots of remote sites, upgrade process taking some time.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!