Export logs from PA7050 to Window Log Server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Export logs from PA7050 to Window Log Server

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

Any possibility we can export daily logs from PA7050 to external windows log server through SCP or FTP? Been told there is a limitation for PA7050 to do so because the log database is too large for export or import. Any possible can do it by scripting? 

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@EdwinKhng yes there are limitations on 7050 model. Command "scp export logdb" will only export system, config and alarm logdbs only but not traffic logs.

You can configure syslogs server and forward logs to it.

Hope it helps!

Mayur

M

@SutareMayur What if I want to export the traffic logs? 

@EdwinKhngAre you managing it from Panorama?

If yes, please check https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClT3CAK.

Mayur

M

Yes, there are limitations on the 7000 series gateways.

Hello,

Your best bet is to send the logs via syslog and have the receiving machine ingest them that way.

Regards,

Yes. Managing by panorama, however, the panorama also not enough storage to store all the logs. So to save budget, we eye looking at the external syslog server. 

Hi,

I actually tried, however, it able to export to syslog server successful but not all, only 400Mb, however, I tried the same method on another PA5250 and it able to export full logs over. I assume the method was actually working, however, due to the lograte limitation on PA7k series, it only able to export 400Mb logs which could be only 5~10% for 24 hours. 

Regards,

Edwin

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!